Protocols to prevent risk of spread of infection
- Any student with the following symptoms will be excluded from school and advised to be tested for COVID before returning to school: at least two of the following symptoms: fever ( measured or subjective), chills, rigors (shivers), myalgia (muscle aches), headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose; OR At least one of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new olfactory disorder, new taste disorder.
- If there is no known COVID contact in the past 5 days and the student is evaluated by a doctor and receives an alternate diagnosis, they may return to school sooner if well enough.
- Test results must be emailed to the nurse or dropped off at school prior to returning.
- Students must enter through the nurse’s office when returning to school in order to be cleared to return to class.
- Symptomatic and test positive: Isolate 5 days from the start of symptoms (day 0). Return on day 6 or once free of fever >24 hr and other symptoms improve. Individuals should continue to wear a mask on days 6-10 for all activities.
- Asymptomatic and test positive: Isolate 5 days from positive test and if symptoms develop, 5 days from start of symptoms (day 0). Return on day 6 or once free of fever >24 hr and other symptoms improve. Individuals should continue to wear a mask on days 6-10 for all activities.
*Tests should be a rapid or PCR test performed by a lab when possible. If unavailable, a positive home rapid test will be accepted, but should be followed up with a school PCR test to confirm. Negative home rapid tests will not be accepted if the individual is symptomatic.