Subscribe to our e-Alerts!MAY
Whitt’s Class Notes
6th Grade Social Studies
- This marking period we are learning about life in Africa
- we are continuing to analyze how religion has an impact on soiety
- we learned how trade developed along trade routes and how trade is still an important aspect in today's society
- will will identify the cultural contributions of China
7th Grade Social Studies
We have started our unit on American colonies
We are learning about the first American colonies Roanoke and Jamestown. Students worked on creating thier own colonies.
Next, we will be learning about the 13 colonies
8th Grade Social Studies
Habit of the MonthSHARPEN THE SAWFOCUS AND PREPARATION MAKE LEARNING EASIER! LET'S ALL GIVE OUR BEST EFFORT AT ALL TIMES!!Mrs. Whitt's CONTACT INFORMATION
- We are learning about Congress and the new government
- We are analyzing the contributions of the new government after the American Revolution
- We will be analyzing the U.S. Constitution. This will enable students to understand the plan for the structure and
- powers of government embodied in the Constitution.
Topics being discussed:8th: American Revolution/Civil War/Reconstruction7th: First Americans/Thirteen Colonies/Early forms of Government6th: World Geography/Midieval TimesHomework Policy: Homework is expected to be turned in on the due date. If not, 10 points will be deducted per day. If homework is a week late half credit will be given. Beyond a week late, the grade will be zero.1. BE KIND TO YOUR CLASSMATES! TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED.2. BE PREPARED FOR CLASS WITH YOUR BOOK, NOTEBOOK, A PEN AND/OR PENCIL, AND YOUR MIND! (ALSO, HIGHLIGHTERS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR EFFECTIVE NOTE-TAKING.)3. MAKE SURE ALL WORK IS COMPLETED NEAT, ON TIME, AND WITH YOUR BEST EFFORT!