Subscribe to our e-Alerts!January
Whitt’s Class Notes
6th Grade Social Studies
- This marking period we are learning about Ancient Rome!
- We will analyze the rise and fall of Rome and understand how ancient Rome compares to the United States today.
- Students will be researching Rome's social roles
- We will analyze primary source documents to learn about the people of Rome
7th Grade Social Studies
- This marking period we are learning about the 13 colonies.
- We will "Escape the Room" Jamestown
- We will be studying the geography of the New England, Middle, and Southern Colonies
- We will also be creating a our own colonies
- We will be reading and analyzing primary source documents on the Mayflower Compact,dissenters, and the Salem Witch Trials
8th Grade Social Studies
Habit of the MonthPUT FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!!FOCUS AND PREPARATION MAKE LEARNING EASIER! LET'S ALL GIVE OUR BEST EFFORT AT ALL TIMES!!Mrs. Whitt's CONTACT INFORMATION
- This marking period we are learning about the United States Constitution and our founding fathers.
- We will be analyzing the Amendments to the Constitution
- We will also learn about Manifest Destiny and this will lead us into the Civil War!
Topics being discussed:8th: American Revolution7th: First Americans6th: World GeographyHomework Policy: Homework is expected to be turned in on the due date. If not, 10 points will be deducted per day. If homework is a week late half credit will be given. Beyond a week late, the grade will be zero.1. BE KIND TO YOUR CLASSMATES! TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED.2. BE PREPARED FOR CLASS WITH YOUR BOOK, NOTEBOOK, A PEN AND/OR PENCIL, AND YOUR MIND! (ALSO, HIGHLIGHTERS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR EFFECTIVE NOTE-TAKING.)3. MAKE SURE ALL WORK IS COMPLETED NEAT, ON TIME, AND WITH YOUR BEST EFFORT!
Last Modified on January 3, 2019