Subscribe to our e-Alerts!
We had a great transition into 5th grade. The students have adjusted well. Please continue to check the website for homework assignments and announcements. Remind your child to read nightly.Below are some useful tips to help your child succeed in fifth grade:
Please feel free to email me with any questions.
- Check your child's homework planner nightly. You may also find the nightly homework posted on my homework page. If your child is not writing down the homework, please remind him/her to do so. Time is given in class to write it down.
- Have your child read nightly. It is very important to do this so your child can improve in all of his or her academics.
- Talk with your child. Ask specific questions about school such as, "What was your favorite part of the day?" or "What was the most interesting thing you learned?"
- Check your child's book bag nightly. Many important papers can get lost if it isn't done every night.
- Following classroom rules on daily basis is crucial to maintaining a productive classroom. Bullying is not permitted in the classroom and will not be tolerated. Keeping the classroom safe provides an environment conducive to learning. If a student breaks one of the rules, he or she will be given a warning; after that the name is written on the board and recess time will be lost. Any serious infractions will result in a phone call/letter/email home and detention. In extreme circumstances a student will be sent to the office.
Last Modified on September 24, 2019