Subscribe to our e-Alerts!
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a wonderful summer. I am looking forward to a great year.Below are some useful tips to help your child succeed in fifth grade:
Please feel free to email me with any questions.
- Check your child's homework planner nightly. You may also find the nightly homework posted on my homework page. If your child is not writing down the homework, please remind him/her to do so. Time is given in class to write it down.
- Have your child read nightly. It is very important to do this so your child can improve in all of his or her academics.
- Talk with your child. Ask specific questions about school such as, "What was your favorite part of the day?" or "What was the most interesting thing you learned?"
- Check your child's book bag nightly. Many important papers can get lost if it isn't done every night.
- Following classroom rules on daily basis is crucial to maintaining a productive classroom. Bullying is not permitted in the classroom and will not be tolerated. Keeping the classroom safe provides an environment conducive to learning. If a student breaks one of the rules, he or she will be given a warning; after that the name is written on the board and recess time will be lost. Any serious infractions will result in a phone call/letter/email home and detention. In extreme circumstances a student will be sent to the office.
Last Modified on September 5, 2019