HOME OF THE PIRATES210 West Sylvania Avenue
Neptune City, New Jersey 07753
Welcome mates, to the home of the pirates!
Our school is a place where minds are open to learning, where children are allowed to grow, where knowledge and ideas flourish.
Woodrow Wilson School was built in 1928. The original school called New Branch District School was built in 1877. In 1902, Roosevelt School was constructed at Steiner and Third Avenue. The Borough had the two schools for approximately 49 years. Roosevelt School was demolished in 1979, and the property became a public park to be used for recreational purposes.
Woodrow Wilson School began an addition in 1952 adding three classrooms and a kindergarten classroom. In 1955, an additional 9 rooms including a Superintendent's office was added. In 1966 voters approved another addition that included 8 classrooms and a library. The cafeteria was added in 1973, and in 1975, a new gymnasium, locker room and a health room were added.
In 1977, all students of Neptune City began attending Woodrow Wilson School with the closing of Roosevelt School.
On December 13, 2005, the voters of Neptune City approved a construction referendum that added four new classrooms to the existing building. In addition, the construction project included many life safety issues within the existing building.The project also included the replacement of the roof, windows, heating and ventilation system, electrical components, and plumbing systems.
The bid was awarded on March 16, 2007, and construction began soon after. The construction project was in progress from the Spring of 2007 until its completion on September 5, 2008.
The dedication for the addition was held on November 15, 2008.